Monday, January 5, 2015

Christ won't fail us.

Everyone,

So, this week we had the new year. We were in the apartment at 7 and at about 5, I wasn't feeling the safest in the streets.  But Saturday was a lot calmer than normal because everyone was done partying for a while I think.

I also have thought a lot this holiday season about how lucky it is to even have a family to spend the time with. There are a lot of people who are suffering from all types of things in the world. Also, it is so important to look to Christ for our happiness. He won't fail us.

We also had transfers. I am now with Elder Whiting. He is from Arizona. I'm still in the same place just with a new companion.

We contacted a woman named Leaz a while back and she has been wanting to stop drinking. We were able to invite her to stop and help her think of what she could do instead. She also was able to make it to church and everything was just right for her there. She already knew a member so that helped and they were able to sit together. She even felt comfortable enough to make a comment in Sunday School. I think she had a good time even in the testimony meeting. She said she liked how everyone was like her and had struggles too.

She also has said that her dad was a missionary and preacher. He once said to her that it is important to not let one man's actions keep you from your own salvation. Do the right thing no matter what other people do. I believe that is some of the best advice that we could take. Moroni said, "rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been."

Good luck going back to School, Work and everything else.

Elder Dallin Skouson

Goodbye to our threesome.  Elders Simmons, Skouson, Vergara.  



No comments:

Post a Comment