Monday, November 2, 2015

seamos fieles! In English, Let us be faithful.

So, the beginning of this week was kinda rough, but then we had a very very awesome district meeting and we got to do divisions with the district leader I got back a lot of excitement after that. We also had interviews with president. in the end of the week we ended up with 7 fixed appointments Saturday afternoon and 6 Sunday. (not everyone was there but we were still super busy).

At the beginning of the week I was feeling quite negative with a lot of people. Many people don't want to listen to us. We did divisions and watching Elder Olivera just be friends with everyone in contacts helped me out to see that I can control if situations are positive or negative. It took work but It really helped to try to apply that. My attitude did change. We can decide if we are going to be negative or not. if we are really trying hard to be happy with everyone and be happy with ourselves we can be happy.

That really helped us out when we came around to Saturday where I learned another lesson. literally 0 of the 7 people we had set appointments with were there and willing to listen. But we tried to talk to all the people around those houses we could and we were able to fill the night with teaching instead of just wandering aimlessly. In the end we had a lot of success.

Sunday was better. We were able to find new people to teach, make it to our plans and get a lot of good lessons out of the day. We also try to have 21 lessons each week that look like they could lead to a baptism as a goal for the mission and we haven't been able to get that in this area before but this week we made it. we got 22.

I think these things really helped me to see how what I am reading now in the book of mormon applies. we are all trying to read the entire book as a mission by the end of this month. so I started from the beginning. When we are at an appointment that falls through seeking the guidance of the lord and being faithful to keep the commandments and spiritual promptings we get will help us get the job done and find the people we need to talk to. Like Nephi constantly reminds his brothers. Let us be faithful. the Lord knows who we are and where we are and how we can lift where we stand.

Elder Dallin Skouson

No comments:

Post a Comment