So, this week was a good week as well. We worked with a man named Daniel Luque and he made it to church. Elder Curtis and his last companion were working with him a little bit. He made it to church yesterday and we were very happy to see him. He stayed just for sacrament meeting but I think it was a good experience for him to see that hour in specific.
We also were unable to connect with Raul and Silvia all week long. They said they had gone on a trip. We are hoping they will keep reading the Book of Mormon and they will keep learning more.
I think the coolest part of this week for me was that I got to do the baptismal interview for some people that are from Curuzu. The Elders there have been working with a family and I got to do their interviews. The 8 year old volunteered to be first (without knowing what he was volunteering for) and he did an awesome job. the mom was next then the next daughter and last of all the dad. They all are well prepared for baptism.
some of the things they said are these:
The mom said one Sunday she had sold her bakery items like she did every day and didn't go to church. that night she was reading in the book of mormon and just read about the sabbath day. that was when she realized she had made a mistake and decided to change.
The daughter said she was excited for the church and she was excited to go to the temple as well.
I think that in the end the biggest lesson I learned is that the more we are fighting for God, changing our lives, and becoming better people the more desire we will have to become a better person and really live the gospel. Preach My Gospel says that (this might not be word for word, I read it in Spanish) The joy we have as we learn the gospel will make us want to apply it.
As we apply the gospel the joy we have will make us want to continue to apply it and to share what we have learned. There is great joy in learning, applying and sharing.
I know those things to be true.
Elder Dallin Skouson
Pictures: Elder Curtis and Elder Skouson and some of our branch members.

No comments:
Post a Comment