Monday, April 25, 2016

Interviews, miracles, and haircuts

We had interviews with president this week. It was quite an adventure. President usually gets there just a few hours after the hour and we started to get a little worried when he didn't show up. the zone leaders tried to call him and found out he had forgotten his phone as well. We ended up finding out that the assistants had told us to all go to the wrong chapel. 2 hours later we were all there and had our interviews. We were very happy that it all worked out in the end but it was a long day.

We also had a lot of rain. I am for sure glad I have boots. the water sometimes gets up to the top of my boots. my companions boots are a little bit smaller so I sometimes explore in the murky water to find a path and then he follows me. one time though the entire street was so full that water got in his boots.

We had branch conference this Sunday. that means that the Groupo Quitilipi got to travel to Saenz Peña for the regular church meetings. It was a very special experience and I think the members all enjoyed it a lot.

Well this week we also for sure saw some miracles. one of the families that my companion was teaching before I got here was not making any progress so we stopped passing by their house. Monday they sent us a message and we went by their house again. We were able to teach them that the living water of Christ comes when we are willing to go look for it in church and reading the scriptures and praying. We even made a cool drawing that explained it and everything. We related it all to turning the sink on. They made it to the branch conference.

I love you guys.

Elder Dallin Skouson

pictures:
my companion and I wearing River and Boca jerseys.
us with a sign that says Quitilipi Oramos por vos. (Quitilipi we pray for you)
we live in the apartments above the barber shop. we live behind. so you don't see our apartment


























The barber shop. or really the front yard of a members mom. he said he is a barber but I think my hair was the first haircut he had ever given.

6 of the 8 elders in my zone.

The members on the way home from Presidencia Roque Saenz Peña.



No comments:

Post a Comment