Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Left Campo Largo for Clorinda

Everyone,

I had transfers this Wednesday and found out Tuesday night that I was being transferred. I packed my bags and we went to Resistencia then to Clorinda. It was about 6 or 7 hours in a bus all on Wednesday but now I am here. My new companion is Elder Simmons. He has exactly the same amount of time as I do in the mission. We actually were in the same room in a hotel the first night we got here. I didn't know him in the MTC although we were there together. We were in different districts. 

This place is very different from Campo Largo and I am very grateful for my boots. It rains a lot here, and the roads are much worse than in Campo Largo. There is one paved street in my area. We are still only on foot and only live about 3 blocks out side of our area. I am also not in the branch presidency. That is probably one of the nicest parts. I went to church sat by our investigators and didn't have to sit on the stand or give a talk.

I'm in Clorinda in the Province of Formosa.  I'm right by Asuncion, Paraguay.  Cool huh!
Of course, we have a little bit of a hard time with Spanish. I think we can both speak about the same amount but I have felt like we have had to rely on the Lord more and have been blessed. We have found some good new investigators and we have been able to invite the spirit into our lessons.

One of the less active members in our area cleaned up his life and received the priesthood this last Sunday. Oscar told us last night at 7:30 pm that this is when he would usually wake up. Then he would drink and stay up until about 6:30 am and do it again. He now has come to church 5 times in a row and said that one of his favorite parts of our church was how it invited him to change.

We also have his nephew Elian and his sister Luciana who are super excited to be baptized. They like to be in our lessons and listen to what we have to say and are counting down the days to their baptisms. It's super exciting to see them excited.

The work is progressing here!

Elder Dallin Skouson

Elder Skouson and Elder Simmons eating cheese puffs at a member's home





No comments:

Post a Comment