Monday, November 10, 2014

Meaner dogs in the bigger city. I think everyone understood my Spanish. Christ paid for our sins.

Everyone,

This week was interesting. We started with a trip Tuesday afternoon to Villa Angela and we worked there with Elder Remund (yes, my MTC companion) and Elder Kisner.  I was with Elder Kisner all afternoon and felt like it was a little harder to get into houses, the dogs were a little meaner, and I learned a lot in the bigger city.

We then slept there and had a zone conference the next day. We talked about some good stuff on how we can have a vision for the mission for ourselves and our companionship how we can be more obedient to the rules and what we need to improve. I got to conduct the meeting and that was a lot of fun. I think everyone understood my Spanish and we all learned a lot.

We then got back home the next day and got to work just a little bit. We accidentally had 2 dinner appointments (weird because we usually only have lunch) and one of them canceled so we ended up with only one.

Thursday was interesting as well. My companion (trainer) had been acting a little weird for the past while, easily agitated, didn't like to plan as much, acting bored during companionship study, and he told me Thursday he was doing that on purpose to see what I would do. I think it was an interesting idea to try to train me but I am not going to do it if I train.

Friday we followed up with a referral to a less active member from an active member in Las BreƱas. He lives behind and owns a building that says "American English Institute" so we were nervous that he just wanted to speak English with us but he had some really good questions about the plan of salvation. We shared with him where his mother in law is now in the spirit world sitting in desks in his Institute. We shared scriptures with him and shared our testimony.

Saturday we taught english to 3 students and one of them and his mom came to church yesterday--that was a success. We also had one other less active sister come to church. We had a better attendance than most weeks.

Yesterday I gave another talk in church about the Book of Mormon. We held a training for visiting teachers in the evening and then had a family home evening with a member. I shared this parable in Mathew 18 that I will paraphrase here:

There was a king with a servant with a debt of a ton of money. The king asked for his money and the servant couldn't pay. The king forgave his servant. The servant then went to his fellow servant grabbed him by the throat and asked for the money he owed him. The fellow servant couldn't pay and was not forgiven but was delivered to be tortured until he could pay. The king then asked the first servant again for the money and did not forgive this time because the servant didn't show mercy.

How great is the debt we have to God?  Christ paid for our sins and all we have to do is plead with him for forgivness. It is so simple but how often do we not forgive others who have sinned against us?

Elder Dallin Skouson

No comments:

Post a Comment