Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Lord makes up for our weaknesses.

So, I'm still here in Resistencia, same area but with a new companion. Elder De La Peña from Mexico. We also have 2 other Missionaries staying with us as well waiting for new missionaries to get here so yesterday my companion and I were working seperatly. It was probably much harder for him than for me because he had no idea where he was going in the area.

With transfers it is very hard to remember what happened this week. We had stake conference we also got to attend the Saturday afternoon adult session. It was very good and sadly there were more missionaries there than members. There were quite a few people that showed up for Sunday morning though. It reminded me of normal Sunday meetings in my ward at home, and didn't quite compare to when I ushered in the stake conference we had at BYU. We filled the Wilkonson Center dance room and then didn't have enough seats and we had to put some in the hallway and open another part of the room.

I for sure learned a lot with Elder Condori. He was very good at being gentle with the people and patient. I am excited to be working with Elder De La peña as well he is very excited and I think we will be able to have success.

We have been working with a family where the dad is the only member and he isn't active. He got married, baptized and the separated and now is co-habitating with a different woman. He said he could see his prior marrige wasn't working out so they never got sealed. It was sad. I just wanted to say apply the gospel and it could have worked out if you both were willing to do it.

There is also a 12 year old recient convert here who has a mental disability. He lives with his grandma and I was quite impressed with how patient she is with him. She has to talk to him for 5 to 10 minutes every day so he will take his pill. I was impressed at the love she shows to him when he is very slow to obey.

I was thinking also about how we all have strengths and weaknesses. The Lord will make up for the weaknesses we have so that we can do what He needs. Even the writers of the Book of Mormon were woried about how weak their writing was but it has now been said that it is the most correct of any book. We will be able to do the work the Lord wants us to if we are humble and willing to follow his guidance.

Elder Dallin Skouson

With my companion, Elder De La Pena, and a ´doble pizza´

With a horse that is in the middle of the 4 block park in the center of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment