Tuesday, May 26, 2015

'you know what I expect'

We have been talking to more and more people and I guess it makes sense that we are having more success finding investigators. We are also super lucky to have the members in this ward that want to help us out. They are offering to give us food so that we can cook in the apartment separate. It's super nice of them to be thinking about us.
I have also set a goal to write one way that I have seen the hand of God in my life in my Journal every night. There has not been a day where I have not seen the hand of God in my life this week. I have had prayers answered and have been strengthened many times.
One interesting experience happened to me recently. Last week my companion decided to listen to unapproved music, so I tried to encourage him to stop but it only led to anger and him telling me everyone does it. I prayed for help to know what to do and the next time it happened I thought of my dad saying 'you know what I expect' and was able to help my companion by saying 'you know what the Lord expects.' We talked about looking at our own problems in church and I have been praying to see my own mistakes more clearly. My companion helped me to remember one of the rules today and I thought of the same phrase 'you know what the Lord expects.'
I am very grateful to my dad for letting me know what he expected and then letting me act. That is how God works with all of us. I am more and more grateful for what God has done for me and for the answers we can get to prayers.
Pray daily with real intent and look for the blessings of God in your life and you will be able to see them.
Elder Dallin Skouson

P.S. Thank you so much for the packets of Kool-aid and the Kit-Kats.


Salt and pepper. Haha the brown one was as white as the other but they are water filters and it filtered our water for 2 months or so.

I have started to appreciate mayo now. I think that I will be able to eat anything when I get back home.
Streets of Resistencia 

Park in our area

No comments:

Post a Comment