So, this week was interesting. We had pday on Tuesday, we got to go to a museum and see just a little bit of everything. They had stuffed birds, stuffed alligators, stuffed fish, and stuffed rodents. They also had an impressive collection of shells seeds and rocks some meteorites, birds nests, and even some pictures of nature, a bee hive, and some pottery from in the style of the Native Americans from here. It was very cool to learn some of the history of Elian, Luciana, Gordo, and Anselmos wife's ansestors. And I felt like I was in a spanish speaking Ohio when I saw some of the same thorns that are on the trees in our back yard in a case.
We had a good week as well and worked hard. We have been talking with a man who disagrees with religion because he thinks it's just to control the people. He is worried about why the golden plates were gold. He was the carpenter hired to put 7 coats of varnish on the benches here in the chapel.
We also had a woman come to church for the 2nd time. We are not sure if what she says is true or not. She said, I read and I have a question about Ether 1:21. We asked what's your question. She said, I just don't understand it could you explain it I understood all the verses right before and everything. Then we read it with her. 'and Levi was the son of Kim'. she couldn't explain how she understood that Korom was the son of Levi but not that Levi was the son of Kim. So, we will see.
We got to talk with a man that is a 7th day adventist I think that's what the name is in English. He preached to us and beat us to the invitation to church but the Book of Mormon is much more convincing evidence than going to church on Saturday. He was very firm in his belief that God would reply to his prayers so we invited him to pray about the Book of Mormon. I was impressed with his understanding of who Christ is. We hope he reads and prays and is willing to follow his reply.
And, we finished the week with a service project Saturday. We were able to help lay some concrete flooring in the house of a less active member. We took sand and concrete and some other stuff, mixed it up with shovels and layed it out. It was a fun project.
During the project we helped clean 2 sand piles one was older than a year and the other a few months, I think. They both had some plants growing through them. In the old one we found some rocks that were well polished and very smooth. In the newer one they weren't all that smooth just the edges were rounded off a little.
Also when we visited the museum they had a cool shell in it's natural state and also polished on one half it was kinda ugly on the natural side and quite pretty on the other.
It's interesting how personalized this mission has been for me. I have been able to experience the things that I need to and been able to grow in a lot of my weaknesses. I believe this life is also personalized to each one of our personal needs so that we can be preapared to meet God.
32 For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors.
God in his mercy is going to give us the opportunities, challenges, and experiences we need to be ready for the day we meet God. I know that God loves us even in our aflictions and that if we follow Christ this life will help us become polished and smooth and put off the natural man.
Love,
Elder Dallin Skouson
We got to go to a museum the last pday and it was pretty good. it had a little bit of everything. including:
spines like from the tree in our back yard in Ohio
A shell polished and in it's natural state
metiorites one weighs 536 Kg the other 102 Kg I weight arround 85
a dinosaur almost as short as me
and a blowfish
and I'm sporting my shortest haircut ever (since I was a little kid). We've been letting a lady practice cutting our hair.
No comments:
Post a Comment