It was great to talk to my family on Mother's day. They all looked so happy. I hope you had a great Mother's day. Thanks for skyping with me. it was fun to get to see you guys. thanks for everything. :)
So, I stayed here in transfers. it looks like I'll finish up here in Quitilipi. I did get a new companion though. he is a good missionary from Chile named Elder Sanchez. We are planning on working hard together and we are going to have success. He has about 10 months in the mission.
yesterday we started out well. we were able to work hard and have some good lessons.
We got to know Rocio a few weeks ago. She is preparing for her baptism this Saturday. She came to visit her aunt and came to church then when we visited her she prayed and asked God about the church and now is going to get baptized. We are super excited for her. She has been reading a lot all of the pamphlets we gave her and some of the book of mormon
The tricky part is that we don't have the equipment to do a baptism here in the church building. The missionaries in the past have traveled to Saenz Peña and we are planning on doing the same.
Elder Salas came to visit the mission right before transfers. He spoke to us about how we could possibly baptize every week and also how we can baptize more. We are super excited to put into action what he told us. He related the missionary work to a sink where if there are bubbles in the pipe the water doesn't come out constantly. He said that if we want to have baptisms constantly the lines have to be full going back for weeks. we are going to be working hard to help all the investigators on the way toward baptism. we are going to try to not let any air into the tube.
We were able to go hear Elder Salas with the entire zone and the next zone over where I started the mission in a small bus like what we took with the members to the branch conference. We had a good time but it was a long trip.
The mission is going well I'm enjoying a lot and I'm going to work super hard this last transfer.
Love you all,
Elder Dallin Skouson
I will have to send pictures next week because my camera died.
No comments:
Post a Comment