So, this week was really good. we were able to work super hard and we had a ton of lessons 29 in total. we were able to also have 7 investigators in church on Sunday. we felt very very blessed. we are working super hard and we beat the record of how many people came to church. last transfer we had 18 but yesterday we had 19 that was super awesome. We are going to try to fill the little small bus to go to the district conference next week.
We are super excited this Saturday for a baptism of a woman named Maria and her daughter Rocio. they might end up getting baptized the next week but we are hoping they will be able to make it this week. Maria is stoping smoking so we will have to work hard with her. we also have 2 couples we are teaching Julia and Miguel came to church this week and received a phone call during my companions talk. they cut it off. then they got another one and answered it from their seat. I had to catch the attention with a smile of one of the members with more time so that she didn't look at them a little bit impatiently. I think we were able to laugh a little bit through our eyes as Miguel said yeah right now's not a good time... yeah I'll call you back in a few minutes... yeah we're in church right now... yeah... bye. I guess they will get the idea in the future.
Miguel wants to get baptized. we are excited for him and Julia.
We are also working with a couple named Yessica and Sebastian. they are excited but are seeing opposition. their alarm didn't even go off Sunday morning even though it always gets them up. hopefully they will start to be able to progress.
We are working super hard and are seeing success. we are going to keep trying our best.
So in this area I feel like I've finally figured out missionary work a little bit but i'm already finishing the mission. well I guess better late than never. It is true that being a missionary really changes you. but more especially as you devote it to trying to help others.
Love,
Elder Dallin Skouson
No comments:
Post a Comment