September 22, 2014
We had so many trips this week we did hardly anything here. We had monday night from 6 to 9 (after p day) to work here but a bunch of that time was for a family home evening with a member. Then we had a district meeting Tuesday in las breñas (if you know what a breña is let me know I'm interested) haha. Then we did splits with the zone leaders there because we didn't want to have to travel back that night for another trip to Saenz Peña to drop me off with some random elders from another zone and my companion (district president and the zone leaders in my district went to a leadership conference). That was Tuesday. Wednesday I was with both of my new companions they are native spanish speakers. I could understand them pretty well by the end of the day and they weren't tired of all my questions so I asked them a ton about how to say things in spanish and what things meant and I learned quite a bit.
I did one lesson pretty much on my own one time with an older lady but another time I repeated myself 3 or 4 times and the guy finally said no quiero ofender pero no puedo entender. haha
I did one lesson pretty much on my own one time with an older lady but another time I repeated myself 3 or 4 times and the guy finally said no quiero ofender pero no puedo entender. haha
After that we slept Tuesday night in Saenz Peña (because we didn't make the bus back that night) then we returned to Campo Largo in the morning, studied and then worked all day. We got a little bit done, but we had to travel again for a multi zone conference in Resistencia. We left at 3 in the morning and the bus didn't have seats for us! it was quite an adventure, but when we got to Saenz Peña again we switched to another bus where we got to sit down. We had our conference which was pretty good and I learned a lot. Then we got back around 9 at night that was friday. so we worked Saturday.
![]() |
| This is our room in our apartment |
Sunday we had church then lunch and a little bit of study and afterward we learned how to submit the finances for the church and how to use our debit card and write up what we spend. That took quite a bit of time. but it was good to learn. We now know how to do all that. We can now do activities with the church. Also the guys who are at the district level for finances came and talked about donations paid by members, and help received, to see what actually happened with everything here in the branch before. It's sad that a man who was once called as a branch president is now inactive and the church had to double check the finances.
The good news is that he can repent and change back. Remember the story of Alma the younger. He saw an angel who told him if he wanted to destroy himself do it but quit trying to destroy the church. He thought on that and realized he had lead many others to eternal death, and later in his life he was able to repent. Remember what the Savior did for us no matter what we did we can always repent. Like the woman accused of adultery we can have a second chance.
On pdays we don't do much. We have to stay in our zone, I think, and there aren't very many sites to see. It costs quite a bit to go anywhere out of Campo Largo and we can walk all the way across the city in 30 minutes, but to leave is 28 pesos for the bus so we just stay in Campo Largo all the time. We wash our clothes by hand and cook and clean because there is always so much dust.
Now I'm going to write a little about here in general. If you aren't interested you can stop reading here.
The roads are crazy. You can pass anywhere pretty much. There are very few cars but a ton of motorcycles. There are at times 10 year olds driving them. Helmets are a thing for warmth not safety. haha. You can tell if people will use them based on the temperature. There are laws I think but the police are almost always just parked in front of the bank. There are no stop signs you just slow down if you are smart and in the big cities they put speed bumps to make one street slow down.
Elder Dallin Skouson

No comments:
Post a Comment