So this week we are going to get to hear from Elder Oaks. he is coming to visit our mission Friday. President Franco has put enfasis on prepareing to hear from an Apostle of the Lord. I studied preparation a little bit in the scriptures and then asked President how I could learn more about being prepared. He recomended 3rd Nefi and studying it has helped me not only prepare but also love the Book of Mormon more. Studying with the spirit is something very powerful and you can really learn a lot.
I also got to give the training in our district meeting this week and that was a very good experience. I learned a lot about how our calling can lead us to getting the help of the Lord to do it and really how much we have to rely on him to actually be able to be missionaries or really fill any calling in the church.
I was assigned as backup speaker in church as well. I didn't actually get to speak it was interesting thinking about the visit of Christ to the Nefites and then his invitation to come to him, feel the marks of the nails and know that He is the God of Israel and God of the whole earth. He then told them to invite others. The Book of Mormon is a powerful witness of Christ that we can use to help build our testimonies and also help others come to Christ and gain a knowledge of him. I think that is one of the reasons why the invitation of Moroni is written the way it is.
Moroni 10: 3 Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
Remember how merciful God has been to speak his word to all of the world. To send his Son to minister and perform miracles on both sides of the world and to give us 2 witnesses of Christ today so that we can dispel all confusion and doubt. He even gives us the opportunity to have a family forever.
We can think of all the blessings it brings to know the Book of Mormon is true build our own testimony and invite others to come, read, feel and know these things as well.
Love,
Elder Dallin Skouson
No comments:
Post a Comment