Monday, April 6, 2015

Conferencia y la pascua



So, my pday is Monday or at least it defaults to Monday when there isn't an excuse to make it Tuesday. Every 6 weeks for transfers it moves to Tuesday. Then any time there is a national holiday (and there are many) no one works Monday so we move our pday and we had interviews with president last week so it moved pday as well. I'm starting to wonder why we don't just make it Tuesday every week.
So, this week was Easter and General Conference and today is April 6th the date of the organization of the church what a great week. We talked to a lot of people and here in Resistencia I have seen many houses that look a lot dirtier than in Clorinda although I think the people have a little more money. President also made a call and said that we cannot eat in people's houses anymore starting today.
I was thinking about that rule as I turned down a piece of cake yesterday. We have been talking to a less active member that lives in a relatively dirty house. We did service in their yard and the piles of old clothes glass beer bottles (I hope they were drunk by the non member) and random other things behind the house were bigger than those inside. We even had to move a pile of slightly rusty scrap metal and dodge low hanging and also rusty barbed wire clotheslines to cut down the bamboo trees in the back corner. Yesterday when we passed by they offered us some cake, I politely declined and was glad I did so as I saw one of their 9 dogs (why 9? "just because my son wants them") peed a little on the floor and a rather large cockroach snuck out of the other room. Anyway the moral of the story is that cleanliness might be as important as my parents tried to teach me it was. :)
I also really enjoyed watching conference. We are going to have a memeber of the 12 coming here in a few weeks. President told us to prepare ourselves for that in a conference and I decided to study up on preparation. As I had applied the things I learned and then listened carefully it was much more meaningful. Now we only have 6 months to prepare us for the next conference. As the apostles said, daily scripture study and prayer will strengthen us. I also want to share some scriptures that I found meaningful today in my study of preparation.
Luke 6:40
Click on the foot note in the lds.org because it makes it make more sense. it says something along the lines of perfectly prepared instead of perfect.
40. The disciple is not above his master: but every one athat is perfect shall be as his master.
And Moroni 7:48 talking about charity
48. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, apray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true bfollowers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall cbe like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be dpurified even as he is pure. Amen.
If we are preparing and trying, we can become like Christ is through his grace.
Elder Skouson


Our Clorinda Zone beginning of March 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment