Monday, April 13, 2015

We will always receive blessings from God for our obedience.

This week we worked hard and found 2 families that said they were going to come to church. We then were walking down the street and a woman found us, and said she was an angle with wings (she is taking drugs to help with a mental problem) but that she was interested in going to church. 1 out of 3 showed up and it was the woman who had found us in the street. We don't decide who is prepared and they need to take their choice to do the actions. She had to step out to take a smoke 2 times in the short 3 hours but she made it until the end and said she enjoyed it. It was a good reminder of how obedience is freeing.
I also have been thinking a lot about obedience as the rules here are changing and how we are not able to eat the food that people make for us. I have been offered water various times and one less active member offered us hot pocket like things that are fried. My companion is not too interested in being obedient to these rules and it has made me realize how hard it must be for those with adictions... I want to eat the food or drink something but I can't imagine how it would be if my body was screaming out at me to take it as well.
I was also thinking a lot about obedience as my companion tried to tell me that being obedient isn't too important that if you just do what matters to love the people it's good. I had a good study thinking about how we are commanded to love our neighbor and how we have promised to keep the commandments at baptism. I hope that I can be a more obedient and a more loving missionary both at the same time.
20 There is a alaw, irrevocably decreed in bheaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all cblessings are predicated—
 21 And when we obtain any ablessing from God, it is by bobedience to that law upon which it is predicated.

We will always recieve blessings from God for our obedience.



Elder Skouson

No comments:

Post a Comment