Tuesday, March 31, 2015

We need an attitude of "I will go, I will do..."

It's really interesting being in a ward here. They are functioning like a ward but they have fewer people showing up than my last branch. it is really interesting having carpet in the church though. I am now attteding in the same chapel as Elder Simmons one of my former companions. He is my zone leader now.
This week has also been interesting. We went out to work last week after our p-day and I wasn't feeling all that great but I figured I was good enough. We knocked a door. the man came out and brought chairs and I ended up throwing up in the ditch off the side of the road. He was nice and brought out a few napkins and some water to help out. We then just went home and I ended up throwing up 6 or 7 more times before morning. not all that fun but the guy we found let us teach him when we went back, and I was back to good the next day. So, it worked out.
That was about the most exciting thing this week. We also found a less active member who had an interesting story. He said I was studying engineering but I had to stop because other things came up in my life. I was going to get a different job but my parents didn't let me. I was also studying Italian but I stopped because my wife said she would rather me not. I also was building an electric project and it didn't work because I didn't have enough power. I tried to fix the iron but there was more than just a little piece to replace. And best of all I didn't go to church the last two weeks because I didn't have an iron to iron my shirts.
I was thinking about all the excuses I can make and think it wouldn't be a bad idea to take control of the situations I am put in more. We in the mission say creature of circumstances and creator of circumstances. How different would it have been in Nephi's life if he had said well, I guess I could have got the brass plates, built a boat and made it to the land of promise, but I didn't because my brothers tried to kill me and beat me and tied me up. I'm glad he instead took control of his circumstances and made things better. His attitude was "I will go, I will do..." we can do so much more if we have that attitude.
Elder Dallin Skouson

Elders Simmons and Skouson
        Elders Skouson and Simmons
Elder Condori and Skouson

No comments:

Post a Comment