Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Mudandonos, comiendo conejo, levantando autos, y traslados.

So, this week was rather exciting.

we started off the week moving to a new apartment with the other Elders from the branch. We moved all the stuff from our apartment first and then from the other one. I was just late to help but they lowered a dresser with a rope out the balcony of the second floor. the dresser still stands up, barely. So after that we learned and took the other one apart to take it out.

Elder Lorenco, one of the other Elders living there with us, talked us into buying a rabbit with him. 100 pesos if we got it live and 200 dead and cleaned. So we saved 100 pesos and Elder Lorenco killed it and cleaned it and cooked it on a grill. It was good a little chewier than chicken. I wouldn't recommend it because it took 2 hours or so for the whole process.

We also were going to visit Diego, one of our investigators and he has always had this old car in front of his house in a pile of trash. we went there and he and a bunch of other guys had cut the car in half and we offered to help them roll it out and put it in a horse buggy thing. so we literally rolled the car out and lifted it up and backed the horse cart beneath it. In the end Elder Smith smashed his finger a little but he was okay after. the half of the car was a lot bigger than the cart so in the end they kinda had it stood up on its side and leaning half out. we didn't have our cameras but it was pretty precarious.

Also the other big news is transfers I am going to be getting a brand new companion. I have no idea who still. I am still in my area and the other Elders that were here all left so I am with Elder Tippetts who is going to be getting a brand new companion too. We are working hard and super excited. I hope I can help the new Elder start his mission well.

We got to teach a good lesson last night Elder Tippets and I. It was with a man named Alipio. He wants to be free from trials freedom doesn't mean there are none but it does mean that you will not be controlled by them. He seems to think that his surroundings control him. We are really hoping we can help him. He has been investigating a long time.

We also got to have a good lesson with Alejandra. She asked us if families could be eternal. We were able to explain that they can if we do what Christ asks. If we are baptized by the proper authority and if we endure to the end we can be with our families forever. it was a very good lesson.

I know that the authority of God to baptize has been restored and that through sincere prayer we can find the will of God to know what we should do. We can be free from our trials. Not in the sense of not having them but in the sense of having power over them.

Elder Dallin Skouson
District meeting
Elder Smith and me in the morning right before he left
The moving truck in front of the new house

No comments:

Post a Comment