Tuesday, September 29, 2015

I think this gospel is really amazing

So, This week we worked hard. This area has been different than most of my other areas. The word Mañana here means 'tomorrow' sometimes and most of the time it means 'I don't want anything'

We have been working hard though and we have found a lot of people with real interest in the message we share. we are trying hard to get the people interested and to work together. My companion is learning spanish really fast and is good at teaching the people.

Today we also got to go see 2 museums we saw one that was a bunch of poorly stuffed animals and some culture stuff. they had an american quarter from 1992 in a glass case interesting. And a very cool museum about the train that has been shut down for about 15 years now. A man who worked in the train station for about 50 years gave us a tour of the now museum. he showed us the telegraph boards and still has morse code memorized. he showed us an original letter he wrote and an old black and white picture captioned 'Workers celebrating railroad day' and had us guess which of them was him. he gave us a train ticket stamped with the date of the last day the train ran with passengers here as well.

We are also planning on making a video with a recent convert to invite people to come to conference. to put on facebook I'll let you guys know how that goes.

I think this gospel is really amazing. we found a man the other day asked us yeah but all the churches say they are true and how can I know which one it is? Well prayer is the key. and he said but I still have questions about things why is there still bad in the world if God is there. Well we have the Book of Mormon that answers those questions and all you have to do is read it, find your response, and then pray to know if that response comes from God. The gospel is so simple and I am so greatful that it makes so much sense when we reason our way through it no matter how much we ponder on it. so search ponder and pray are the things that we must do.

Elder Dallin Skouson

some pictures of the museum

No comments:

Post a Comment