Monday, January 4, 2016

The gospel really simplifies our lives

This week went very fast. we were not able to leave the apartment again for the 31st or the 1st unless we had appointments. sadly my companion and i did not do the best job getting those days full of appointments. I did get to read a lot of the scriptures and we made chocolate chip cookies again.

we have been working hard with some people and there are definitely miracles every day. we have seen hearts change and I have even seen my own heart change sometimes.

We did divisions with Curuzu they are good elders that are working there in in the district. they had a baptism this Saturday and almost had one next Saturday but the father of the investigator is making it hard. pray for Mauricio and his family.

This week that comes looks ominous with a lot of traveling. today we went to the bus station to pick up an elder at 3 am and then I tried to get on the same bus but it was full. so we waited until 4 and then that bus was full to so I finally found a seat on a bus at 4:20 to get me here to Resistencia but it didn't show up until 540. it was a very long night.

I'm here in resistencia for Consejo de Lideres (Leadership Council). the Zone leaders always go but this time they invited the District leaders as well.

the 8th is the day of Gauchito Gil a saint that is not approved by the catholic church. He stole from the rich and gave to the poor supposedly. He was executed by the law supposedly in mercedes where someone made a shrine to him and now a lot of people come all week long to visit his shrine. We are going to be out of the area completely for the 7th 8th and 9th and the 10th is Sunday and 11th is transfers. so we will see how this week goes!

A funny story relating to that happened today. I was waiting to see if the bus that was there was mine in the early morning and an old confused tired lady stepped out and started asking us where is the shrie to gauchito. is this the closest stop. how do I get there. the bus driver was just as confused as she was with what she wanted and one of the people waiting to get on said there is a taxi over there that will take you right to the shine right now if you want it. It was a very funny encounter at 430 in the morning I wouldn't be surprised if she went.

I know that the gospel really simplifies our lives we will avoid a lot of confusion and problems if we seek after the true and living God. He does not require that we visit a shrine to him but that we just offer up a broken heart and contrite spirit and that we come to Christ by accepting his gospel.

Love,
Elder Dallin Skouson

He finally received our Christmas package.  Thank goodness there are some birthday presents there, too. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment