Everyone,
October 6, 2014
So, this week was pretty good. We printed out little tickets to invite people to the conference but only had 1 less active attend. We didnt' have very good attendance. We had the Saturday sessions in the church here in Campo Largo which is pretty small. I got to use my computer background to run the modem from the only phone jack in the office to another room and the computer from there to the biggest room.
We found the conference on the LDS page but I thought it was going to be miserable because the women's session last Saturday had many stops. I was praying really hard we wouldn't have that problem. We thought it was going to work but 10 minutes before it didn't work... so we tried and tried and tried with no success. We prayed and 30 minutes into the conference we were able to find the session in spanish on youtube after reading some stuff in english and spanish about how to get it. Then we only had to reload the page one time each session.
The Lord works in mysterious ways to answer our prayers. Even if it is through what appears to be a trial it may be an answer to a prayer.
Also, we got to watch the priesthood session in the church over the internet it was much easier and we could use youtube thanks to the recent change that we are able to view it over the internet. It was interesting as well to hear a talk in spanish. Super weird that the lips matched up with the words.
Sunday we rode in a free government run large van to the largest chapel in Saenz Peña and I got to watch the sessions on Sunday in english. I got a lot more notes out of them Sunday.
We talked to almost everyone one day. It's kinda funny when we see people that go into their house and their kids come out and say, "Oh she went to Buenos Aries or the moon or wherever," but it's a little disappointing that it happens more often on our second visit than the first.
We are working a lot on less active families and we are having some success. We ran into 3 new people one day. Ricardo was a man that I contacted by his house. He was easier to understand than most. We also have been talking to a woman named Blanca and she is harder to understand. She is talking to us and her pastor so it is hard with her. She is also really looking for a response to her prayers about the Book of Mormon, but last time she was telling us all the dreams she had for a while. Also her son is kinda interesting. We asked if she was home one day and he said no. We started to leave and she came out with chairs to to talk to us. So, I don't know what to do with that. I'm getting much better at contacting as well. Every time I try I improve.
Thanks for all your support and prayers.
Love,
Elder Dallin Skouson
| Our Zone having fun! I think. :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment