Monday, October 20, 2014

Mother's Day

Everyone,
October 20, 2014

It was Mother's day in Argentina yesterday so we celebrated as a branch on Saturday. Elder Yaicate and I cooked a peruvian dish with rice and eggs and hotdog pieces. It was pretty good. The people here didn't eat a ton. We were thinking that they would eat more than they did but they don't eat a lot of rice. We also had some of the members bring empañadas and they are always good. It's like a small hot pocket but the cheese is real and it has hamburger meat or ham. We also had one of the sisters make a cake that was pretty good. It was 3 layers with dulce de leche (is like a carmel stuff) in between the layers. We also had 2 kids do a dance. The funny part is that neither of them are members. One is the brother of a member and the other is his neighbor, but it was really cute.

Yesterday I got to give a talk in sacrament meeting about mothers and I just talked about some lessons that I learned at home. I felt pretty good about it. Remember who you are (recuerda quien eres) and where much is given much is required (I can't remember this in spanish right now). I also got to teach the lesson in priesthood. I think that went okay as well. It's hard to tell when I'm teaching in a different language. I'm not bored at least while I'm teaching.

On account of it being Mother's day I also got to call my family yesterday. It was really cool. It was fun to get to talk with them again. They had lots of questions and things to ask me. It was really fun to hear their voices again.

We found an investigator who I don't remember if I wrote about her before. Her name is Belki she lives pretty far out where there are no names for the roads at all. We kinda stumbled into her house. She said I was talking with the missionaries before and just waiting on a paper to get married and then baptized. So, we started to review the lessons with her and she is planning on getting her papers to get married soon so we are hopeful that she will be able to make the steps to getting baptized.

We are also going to start teaching an English class here on Saturday so I will tell you how that goes, if it goes on Saturday.

Elder Dallin Skouson

P.S. Dallin said it's getting very hot there now.  


The picture is one of me and my companion with the kids that danced for our party, and the other is the members all around our table made out of 3 desks.

Editor's note:  Here's an email we received from Dallin's companion.  We love him and don't even know him.  His parents are not members of our church only his siblings.  We're grateful for the good training he's giving Dallin.

Hay muchas  cosas que yo aprendo de él. Es un misionero  muy positivo!!!.Me gusta cuando él en sus contactos dice: ¿Ustedes sabían que cristo visitó las américas y enseño su evangelio?, tenemos una evidencia de ese acontecimiento! entonces saca de su bolso el libro de mormón, y aunque las personas no nos permiten entrar en sus casas, dejamos un libro de mormón. Tenemos fe de que si esas personas leen el libro de mormón, en el futuro campo largo tendrá personas preparadas para recibir a los misioneros futuros!
Fue un gran placer hablar con su familia ayer. Tiene una familia muy linda!!!!

saludos

               Elder Yaicate
Argentina Resistencia Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment