October 15, 2014
So, this week we visited lots of interesting and great people. We tried to visit our investigator named Ricardo but we didn't find him. We instead found his two daughters Rocio and Claudia and we taught them a lesson. They seemed really interested so we got their address and visited them at their house and found their mom. We taught them all more of lesson one and Claudia is reading the Book of Mormon. We haven't had too many lessons with them but they are very accepting and have good questions. If they all read the Book of Mormon they will probably choose to be baptized. We are excited for them.
We also hunted down a few "less" active members. We found one sister who said "Elders! how are you? Come in" or something like that in spanish she was excited to see us. We talked a little. She said she had had a problem with something in the church and was back in her first church. We left her a Book of Mormon and we hope she reads it again, and she was showing us how she marks a lot in the bible so that almost all the versus are marked. It was an interesting conversation. We also found a member who we asked if he was a member he said I was. He said the last elders did bad stuff and were expelled from his house and he quit going to church. It was sad I was sad that he had had that experience with missionaries. They should not be missionaries if they don't want to do their job.
It's sad when people don't accept a Book of Mormon. It truly testifies of christ. We have been giving pretty much everyone a Book of Mormon. I hope that they will read it. I know that it is a true book and that by studying it we can have many questions answered about the bible and God. I know that it is true by study and by the spirit, but the spiritual witness is more powerful than any evidence by study can be. Everyone can come closer to Christ by reading it.
P.S. It's Mother's day in Argentina next week and President Franco said we can call home so I'll be calling you or skyping you next Sunday night. And, don't worry, I'll get to call or skype on your Mother's day there, too. :)
P.S. It's Mother's day in Argentina next week and President Franco said we can call home so I'll be calling you or skyping you next Sunday night. And, don't worry, I'll get to call or skype on your Mother's day there, too. :)
Elder Dallin Skouson
Two pictures of a district meeting.
No comments:
Post a Comment