July 24, 2014
So the MTC is a pretty cool place. I feel the spirit a lot here. while reading the scriptures, while reading Preach My Gospel (PMG), while sitting in the lunch room thinking about things. so yeah that's pretty cool.
I miss you guys. I know it's only been a week but it feels like I've been here forever. My companion isn't better than me at spanish sadly so I can't learn much spanish from him. I really want to be able to speak!
We taught an "investigator" en español on our 2nd or 3rd day that was crazy too. He used some easy to understand language which was nice. I´m learning a lot of gospel words in spanish too that I didn´t know before. That´s cool as well.
My companion is about 5'11" or so. So he isn't short, but he's not as tall as me. We don't mesh super well but I'm looking for ways to serve him and try to build my "love" for him. It's going okay. I think going to college before I came out here made me a little more mature than when I graduated. I'm here to work. He walks slowly to class/doesn't want to study/would rather goof off.
Yes, you read that right I'm here to work. I decided that If I'm going to be here for 2 years I may as well work as hard as I can. I try to study every moment I have. No wasted time is my goal. So far, I think i'm doing okay at that.
I'm glad I'll be here for 6 weeks we didn't do super well with our investigator and we need to work on our unity as we teach and on how well we listen to our investigators. Trust me it's easier said than done. In spanish it takes so long to think of what to say. I have to think of the answer to the question then how to say the answer in spanish then actually pronounce the words. Then I have to ask if he understands because sentences like... I we know that this is the gospel true will come out.
We get to play volleyball and soccer sometimes here. I'm much better at volleyball than soccer and its still fun to play volleyball even though no one else thinks to do three hits on the ball. I get a perfect pass and over the net. I wish they would set more often. One elder is actually pretty good and we try to set each other sometimes that's fun too.
My testimony is growing. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that this church is true. Thanks for your letters if you use dear elder .com or something ( I don't know how to use that of course) I get the letters sooner and then can reply in letters other times or through email later. Thank you.
I miss you all and hope you guys are doing well.
Elder Dallin Skouson
After Dallin got through the security stuff---We all yelled really loud, "DALLIN, WE LOVE YOU." It was awesome! One of the ladies working there said, "that was cool."
Elder Dallin Skouson arriving to the Provo MTC
Arriving at the MTC. Thanks to Aunt Rae and her boys, Kyle, Brian and Tyler, Dallin received some TLC before being dropped off at the curb of the MTC.
![]() |
| Elder Skouson's mission map |

No comments:
Post a Comment