August 21, 2014
Travel plans came on friday. Time went crazy fast this week it feels like Tuesday, but it's Thursday. I have my travel plans now as well. The basic idea is go to main campus at 6:00 am Monday morning (I think any dear elders and mail that doesn't get to me Friday won't get to me at all but some letters might make it through on Saturday, I don't think dear elders will) and then catch an 11:00 flight to Atlanta where I will be for 4.5 hours and then get on a 9:00 pm flight to Buenos Aires and arrive at 8:00 am. that's all I know right now. From there I will probably fly one more time into Resistencia and then I am there! I'm pretty excited. Those times of course are estimates but that's the plan they gave me. I also have no Idea what time zones those are in, the plan didn't say.
So, it's crazy knowing I have so few days until it's all spanish, but that's what i've been preparing for.
We got a 3rd companion for 1 day. He stayed with us Monday night and then left Tuesday at 4:00 for the Provo mission. His visa didn't come through so he is staying here until it does and he goes to Panama. The sad part about it is for whatever reason he hung a Panama flag up in our apartment and it is still there. It's interesting to have a 3rd companion and see what his views are and get insight from him.
This week I have been thinking a lot about the atonement. We all make mistakes and sin. Since the fall of Adam all people have been prone to temptations and imperfections. I think it is so great that God knew that we would all be imperfect from the beginning and He was willing to give his son. God loves us and we are so blessed that Christ atoned for our sins. let us not forget how great this is for us. Remember the words King Benjamin heard from an angel "...thou mayest rejoice; and that thou mayest declare unto thy people that they may also be filled with joy." Mosiah 3:4 we should all rejoice in Christ, change our hearts, and repent no matter how small the mistake.
The pictures include me + Elder Skouson (cousin), Me + Elder Stevens (Andrew Stevens from my home ward), a picture of some of the people in my district in front of the map.
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment