Saturday, August 16, 2014

MTC One month down

Everyone,                                                                                                                    

August 14, 2014

Time here is really weird. It's been a month but nothing really changed at all. So it doesn't feel like a month has passed at all. It is cooler though a little and that is nice. Of course, it is going to be another summer in Argentina in 2 weeks.

Tomorrow I get my travel plans. I'm pretty excited but the trip is going to be a long one I think. That is less exciting. We will see how that all goes. Yo siento como yo puedo hablar español un poco más que antes. Yo sé que este posible no es lo mejor español perro yo intentaba. I hope that that makes sense when you paste that into google translate or when you read it if you know spanish. Our lessons are going well though and I feel like I understand a lot of what goes on. I'm working hard to learn the language. 

My district tried to play a game where we pick a "native" with an x on the paper and then all try to guess who it was by who tried the hardest to speak spanish. Day one worked good I was the native and I spoke hardly any english except at gym time.  Day two one of the sisters passed the papers one of which was supposed to have an x out and we started the game, and I got the x again. I didn't want to be it again but then everyone tried to convince everyone they were the native way more than the day before. we figured out after lunch that everyone had an x. it was the most spanish we have ever spoken in the morning though.

We got to host again yesterday. it was a cool experience and I saw one of our investigators out on a bench by the river. I talked to her a little and she told the new missionaries I was pretty good at spanish that made me feel good. I really hope I can make it.

I got a hair cut just a few minutes ago. It is amazing how much you can get done if you wake up early. the days seem so long here.

I have pictures that I will hopefully be able to email to you latter today. I forgot my camera in my apartment. I got one with Andrew Stevens (friend from ward back home) and one with David Skouson (cousin). I also got to sit by Conner Hewitt (byu home teaching companion) during the devotional on Tuesday because I didn't get a seat in the choir but went early to be in the choir. It was good to catch up with him and we sat almost right behind David. so that was super lucky.

I know that missionary work is great and I know that I have been brought closer to Christ by studying the discussions and praying. prayer is powerful and as I have prayed I have found myself thinking of the work more and more and all the things I'm missing out on less and less. I am excited to go preach the gospel in Argentina. God is our loving Heavenly Father. He hears the prayers of his children and He will answer them in His own way. when you are reading the scriptures next remember that those are real people it makes the stories so much more meaningful.

Love
Elder Dallin Skouson



Oh, I do have one picture this is from the second week I was here. I guess the very end of the second week. This is 8/10/14 from my district. from front left to right then back left to right (I think) everyone in the picture is hermana Cowitz, hermana Beecher, hermana Phister, hermana Davis, elder Remund, me, elder Allred, and elder Miles. All except hermana Cowitz are going to Resistencia Argentina hermana Cowitz is going to California. elder Takapu and elder Felkins are missing.


No comments:

Post a Comment