Everyone,
July 31, 2014
July 31, 2014
I hope things are going well for you guys. It sounds like it is for my family back home. Kate got her job and things are going well. To dad, I'm not sure how the apartment numbers work they have renumbered the buildings to make it more like the MTC main campus.
This week was interesting we got a third guy in our companionship. He had some cool stories. Of course, I'm sure they were slightly exaggerated but he was in a band that got some pretty good gigs it sounded like and his dad is working on research for different diseases. His name was Elder Gibbs. Elder Remund loved him! He would be sitting next to him and if we met someone he would just say this guy is awesome. He was a good guy having 3 people I thought was a little harder though.
I've been getting better at studying and learning the language I think. For me it is hard to break the study time up into such short segments as they recommend, but i'm working at it.
I'm having a little bit of a hard time with my companion. He doesn't really want to be on time, and he feels like I'm pushing him a little too much on that front. I probably am, so I'm going to try to be less pushy with it and instead think of better ways to encourage him. Also he is not as interested in studying as I am, but that's not as big of a problem because I can study while he goes and bugs other companionships that don't want to study either. I'm praying to love him and find ways to serve him and I think I'm getting better at that.
Companions Elder Remond and Elder Skouson
The attached pictures are me and Elder Remund and the other one is me and some of the guys in my district. We built a fort on our last p-day because the temple was closed for pioneer day. We are all going to Resistencia. I think there are only 2 guys missing in that picture. Elder Remund, Allred, Felkins, and Skouson(me) are in that picture. the other 2 elders are Elder Takapu and Miles. There are also 4 sisters or hermanas as we call them hermana Cowitz, Beecher, Phister, and Davis. They also closed down the book store and mail room so I couldn't buy stamps or anything else I needed. It worked out though.
P-day fort building. Elder Skouson (standing), Elder Remond (sitting on floor) and Elders Allred and Felkins. (Blurry picture, but we're still grateful to have it).
I've run into a bunch of people I know from BYU and I ran into a guy who lived in Prattville right before we did. He lived there and he was at BYU while I was. he actually knew one of my roommates from spring term. it was really cool to get to talk to him about the Bryants (I'm pretty sure that was our bishop) and Simon at BYU.
The dear elder letters I've been getting are getting here the day of or the day after so that is working well I really like all the letters and emails you send me and getting updates on you're lives. I wish I could email you back more often.
Love,
Elder Dallin Skouson
No comments:
Post a Comment