Thursday, August 7, 2014

MTC week 3


Everyone,
                                                                                                                      
August 7, 2014

So, half way done with the MTC. I'm pretty excited to get out to Argentina although I'm a little nervous as well. I don't think I know spanish well enough. I am getting a lot better and there is a native Venezuelan speaker that is our investigator. She is talking slow but one time she did pick up the speed and I could still understand her pretty well. That was good. I was glad. Of course in Argentina they have a different accent, but I will figure it out. We now have 2 or 3 investigators each day and each investigator is a different experience. One of our investigators (our teacher brother McGhi as Armando) is super receptive to us but everyone else in our district is having a hard time teaching him. Our TRC investigator (Ivelise) is very hard for us to get through to but everyone is having lots of success with their TRC investigator.

So, my mom asked me to be one of the guys that helps out the new missionaries (a host) but that's by assignment and it's usually for people that are 5 weeks in. We got super lucky and got to do it this week. It was cool to remember how I felt that day and try to help the new missionaries feel better. Some of them were really nervous and you could tell. Others were super excited. One of the excited ones was from Las Vegas and he said I got Baptized last year. That was way cool. He was really excited to meet his companion see where he lived and find his class. Being a host was way fun. :)

It's really cool to get to study the book of Mormon. When I pray and focus on what I study I find some really cool things. Each verse has a ton of information. It's really neat. There is also so much I don't know. I feel kinda overwhelmed and they don't really teach us how to teach, which is interesting. They do give us tips and examples and lots of practice but I kinda don't feel like they are telling me there is a way to do it. Maybe that's the math part of me that thinks there needs to be a step by step process but I'm figuring it out.

So far I have gotten I think 3 dear elder letters to Elder David Skouson. It's unfortunate that our name is so uncommon that they mail the letters to the wrong person. I think that he may have gotten one or 2 of mine too. I gave them back to the post office in an envelope with his address on it. I hope they get to him.

I've seen tons of people from BYU here and I saw Andrew Stevens and Emily Hoskins from home as well. We didn't get a picture because We didn't have our cameras it's hard to get pictures. I saw my home teaching companion,  a few of the other elders in my ward at BYU and a ton of sisters from BYU, too. It's nice to get to see them again.

The devotionals here are awesome. They are all aimed at the missionaries and that is way nice. It's super cool to get to hear things that are said just for us. I get a ton out of the devotionals. I'm glad they have them.

Elder Remund and I have been getting along better and better as time goes on I feel like I am finding ways to be kind and loving to him. We are going through the same thing we are just different people. it's nice to have a friend but it's nicer to get to pick your friends. haha. We are getting along better and better.

Love,

Elder Dallin Skouson



The picture is just one I took right before gym time with some guys in my district Elder Takapu and Allred.


No comments:

Post a Comment